Got snow?

Well, the snow made its appearance.  I did have to go to work Monday, and the drive home, even though I left early at 3 pm, was a total nightmare!  Here's what my car looked like when I was leaving work:
The snow in front of my car was about 8 inches deep that day.  Normally, we park in a garage, but the hotel was so busy that all employees were scheduled to use the outdoor lot that day.  Murphy's law. On the way home, roads were closing along my route, and I was diverted all over town.  I finally made it home about 4:20 pm.
More cute Snoopy photos!  Here, yesterday afternoon, he was up to his armpits in snow!
Here's what my house looked like 24 hours later -- at about 3:00 this afternoon.  I shoveled the whole driveway.  It took me almost 2 hours.  Even though Dennis and I had shoveled it after dinner the night before!
The snow was over a foot deep.  I am going to be so sore tomorrow!  Don't even ask me about my poor foot.
The fruits of my labor.

But it wasn't all drudgery: I was cozy indoors most of the day, and besides decorating with all my Valentine pretties, I started on this fabric collage, using a fabric photo of my current "muse", Winifred Barnes.  I love it and can't wait to start embellishing!

Stay warm, drive safely, and please don't leave me a comment about how warm your weather is!  (Wink!)

Comments

Linda said…
Ummm....I left all that snow back east when I moved out here to British Columbia. Matter of fact, I live in a rain forest, so where you have inches of snow, I now have inches of water LOL. Hope your foot doesn't hurt too much. Can't wait to see what you come up with for your collage. Cheers.
Goatldi said…
Trust you foot is fine. I won't tell you about my warm weather because I am in northern California, the true northern California. The one that is about 2 hours or so from the border to Oregon. It is down to about 34 presently (930 pm) and going down more. Nice snow we are having snow, snowrain mix and rain. We won't complain. Glad you got home safely . Always iffy in conditions such as those.
Sami said…
I can only imagine it must be difficult to live with all that snow.
Living in Perth, Australia we have very mild winters. We are now in the middle of Summer with very mild temperatures - today 29C (84F), but climbing to the 40's (104F) by the beginning of next week. Too hot then!
Marrianna said…
I didn't get as much snow here at my house as you did in Colorado. But I enjoyed the day at home. The sun was coming out by the afternoon and those who had to work and park out in the open, had to clear their cars of the snow. I have neighbors who use their snow blowers to clear my driveway. Nobody has cleared the walkway to my front porch, or cleared the porch, so I leave my garage door partially open with a sign on a large plastic tub to place deliveries in the garage. Enough of that snow. I love your new Valentine collage and am looking forward to seeing the embellishments. Hope your foot survived the shoveling.
I'm so impressed that you shoveled the drive on your own. That's some hard work! Hope you're not too miserable today. Your collage is very pretty, and making me want to dig out my pink fabric book that I've never finished.
I love snow and would liked to have been in my cozy home playing in the studio

First thing I am purchasing this year after I get my tax refund LOL is a new printer so I can make fabric photos, I have wanted to do this for years

I'm sure you was sore after all that shoveling
Pallas said…
That is a lot of snow Laurie, and what hard work to keep it shoveled off the drive and walkway. One of my sisters lives in Colorado Springs, and she sent pictures of her house and yard - so pretty, but too cold for me. I'm in sunny So Cal, and like looking at the snow in the mountains (from the valley, that is).
OK, no comments about our weather. It sure looks pretty, but very dangerous to be driving in. Love your beautiful snowy day creation.
Kathy said…
WOW, I can't image shoveling a whole driveway! I was on the phone with a work contact in Colorado Springs yesterday and she was describing all the snow. I think our Winter is about over here in Portland and we are starting to get little teases of Spring. There are 5 dry days in the forecast and it is supposed to be in the 60s on Monday - YAY!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth